Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Randomized

As of right now I am watching Seinfeld. I've had an extremely lazy day and I really should be studying or doing something productive. But I won't.

So I really want to go on a cruise. Royal Caribbean has a new ship coming out next year that is absolutely amazing. And I want to be on it. I'm sure they do group specials....... Who else wants to go in on an amazing vacation?

Ugh... I really don't want to go to work tonight. Last night I had to close and I didn't get home until 11. We closed at 9:30, however, there's always those handful of couples that like to come in at 9:25 and then sit on the patio for an hour. At 10 I was pretty much finished, with only the patio that needed to be chained up before I could go. For 20 minutes I just had to wait, throwing hints at the 3 couples who were finished eating, with all their leftovers boxed up ready to go.

I hate closing.


So another debate tonight. Grrrreeeaaaattttt. I cannot wait for this election to be over. It's getting out of hand. Everything has gotten so polarized, and everyone so emotional. We let our politicians off the hook time after time. Our Congress refuses to act in our best interest. The bailout cost us billions, if not trillions. I have heard no reporting on any real policy changes, or changes in regulation. In this debate I want the candidates to tell me what they will do to make sure this doesn't happen again. Tell me what you're going to do about the corrupt politicians and businessmen who saw this happening years ago and did nothing to stop it. I want them to tell me why they, the candidates, didn't do anything about this crisis while they were in the Senate.
I want them to tell me what they will do about the education system
I want them to tell me if their presidential powers will continue to expand
I want them to tell me who they will put in their Cabinet
I want them to tell me if they will cut the size of government or let it continue to grow wildly
I want them to tell me what they will do about renewable energy
I want them to discuss illegal immigration
How will their administration get us off foreign oil
How will you create an environment of innovation in industries that desperately need it
How will you create jobs
How will you improve the United States' standing in the world
How have you worked across party lines
Do they care what others think of them
Do they plan to run for a second term if elected
Why are they running for President
What lengths will they go to defend freedom
What will they reform in government
What do they hope to achieve at the end of their first term
Who is the one person whose advice you value the most
When did they stand up for what was right



I apologize for the incessant babbling, I am just so sick of this political season and I'm looking forward to get my ballot and make my decision and be done with it all.

No comments: