So lets talk about today shall we? Well on Thursday I had to go to Gilbert for a MRI I had to get this morning. That went well, as MRI's go I guess. My doctor wanted to get one done so he can see what happened to my bad ear and whats going on with my good ear. Hopefully the good one isn't copying what the other one did, that's highly unlikely, but is always in the back of my mind. It would put a damper on things; but would clearly not be the end of the world for me. So we'll see.
So on the way back to Tucson my tire blows out. Now at first I get a little excited. I have this weird desire to experience disasters, like being stuck in an elevator or stranded on an island, just to see if I could survive. I was only upset because I only had about 25 more miles to go before I was home, safe and sound.
Anyways, I pull over on the shoulder and go about changing the tire. I call my dad and give him a heads up that a rather large bill will be coming his way after the tires have been replaced and an alignment has been made. So I get the busted tire off with little diffulculty and go to put the spare on. Now, I don't know any of the correct terminology but there were only 4 nuts for the tire and when I tried sliding the spare on I realized that I was trying to fit 5 holes into 4 screwthings. The rim of the spare was too big for my little car. I sink into a puddle of failure and I admit defeat and call AAA to yet again, rescue me. The time is 5:30.
Luckily I have all of my homework in the car and I start to get some of it done so I don't have to over the weekend. About a hour of doing homework and a savior appears, the tow truck to restore my faith in life. An old guy comes out and starts doing what needs to be done. He's a man of action, and not a fan of small talk. Every attempt to strike a conversation or help was shot down. Every command he did give was in an impatient tone, and every question needed only a sufficient answer with no elaboration. It was a quiet ride with Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton and other singers I have never heard before playing in the background. It's obvious this is his last assignment for the evening and cannot wait to get home. I feel like I should have apologized but felt that would be a silly thing, after all, it's not like I wanted this to happen or requested that he be the one to come get me.
I get dropped off at the nearest Pep Boys around 7:15 about 25 minutes away from home. This is where I wait again for another savior. This time in the form of Stacy Randl who selflessly agreed save me from the Pep Boys after everyone else in Tucson ignored my calls for help. (Thanks guys. Still waiting on those phone calls back.....) She gets lost, as I figured anyone would. Its the most obscure location they could have put an auto shop. Far from the main road and covered by trees. She somehow finds me at about 8:25.
I finally arrive at Apartment 111 by 9. I am not looking forward to tomorrow........
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i would have come to rescue you had we not been in two completely different cities.
p.s. i have our date scheduled in my phonebook. i'm also planning on shaving my legs for it.
the differnce between my life and yours. instead of calling my father to let him know of the bill and then sitting and doing my homework i would have sat there tring to figure out how to pay for the tires and then start contaplainting on selling my body. then i would call you for somr comic relif.
move back to gilbert
k bye
Post a Comment